Friday, November 18, 2005

I know what I said but...

I'm feeling a little silly now because last night I had a new version of a recurring dream that I have been having for a very long time.

Every version contains a baby, and I am always looking after said baby. In the old version however I'm always struggling to hold the baby. I have never dropped it but my arms always feel really heavy and tired and I look around frantically for a soft service to hover over in case I do drop it. I have never been to stressed out about it when I wake up as I have always assumed that this was my subconscious saying that perhaps I was not quite ready for the responsibility of a child.

Last night the dream had a distinct difference. In this version I felt perfectly capable and very comfortable carrying the baby around. Throughout the dream I hugged, cradled and rocked this baby and I never experienced the heavy limbed exhaustion of before.

You may wonder why this is significant and why I feel quite silly? It's because this morning when I went for my ritual morning wee, I re-introduced the stick, and there was a faint but distinct +!

I tried again (on a different stick) at lunchtime and the + was still there.

So there we have it folks, it looks like we've progressed a little so now we just have to hope that all is as it should be and that things progress smoothly from here onwards.

VP

6 Comments:

Blogger Zinnia Cyclamen said...

OOO OOO OOO OOO OOO that's SO exciting and SUCH great news YIPPEE!!!!!

7:59 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! Congrats! I'm holding my thumbs for you. :)

1:08 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited for you guys! I remember how seeing that little plus sign feels. And what a great dream, too! I hope everything progresses exactly as it should.

3:47 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done! Wish we'd had them in my day.

3:51 pm  
Blogger Lisa said...

congratulations! I dream of babies all the time but awake empty-handed. Wishing you an easy, uneventful pregnancy.

1:52 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. As if you don't have enough to occupy your time with, you've also been tagged by me.

2:21 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

«#Blogging Brits?»