Monday, November 14, 2005

Manchester by car..

So here's a tip for free.... If ever you have to travel to Manchester, do yourself a favour, don't put yourself through the trauma of traveling around by car. This has got to be one of the hardest cities to navigate and I have driven around London for gods sake!

The day started out ok, I managed to navigate my way into the city without too much trouble having made sure that I had directions from my hotel to the course venue. However once I'd reached the city centre I discovered that Manchester is a city of road works and diversions. The last 2 miles of my journey was a maze of one ways and mad drivers. I eventually arrived at the venue (after some help from a very kind person) 45 minutes after setting out.

The drive home however was a completely different story. First, I was almost run off the road by some mad person who thought that he could fit his tank of a Ford into a space the size of a lemon. I had to slam on brakes and drive into the curb to avoid having my front end smashed to pieces (fortunately no lasting damage to my car although the same cannot be said for my poor heart). Then, all roads that should have led out to the Ring Road (and finally the hotel) were closed for yet more road works. Eventually 1 hour later I finally found the M60 and managed to find an alternate route.

I stopped in at the Trafford Centre to try and get some of my Christmas Shopping done (I had planned it for weeks) but I just didn't have the inclination or the energy. So I popped into Nando's, picked up a take away and am now hiding back in my hotel room and planning on an early night.

Hopefully tomorrow goes better (I'm intending on biting the bullet and paying for a cab instead).

It's a nightmare I tell you!

*sigh*

VP

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

"Size of a lemon" like it.

See - should have stayed at home ;)

8:36 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

«#Blogging Brits?»