Sunday, November 06, 2005

It's a weird world we live in when

we celebrate someone attempting to blow up the houses of parliament. All in all though I'd say that this was the least stressful Guy Fawlkes I have ever experienced. People in our little village seem to be both sensible and respectful of the animals around them as fireworks were kept to a minimum and most of them were of the silent(ish) but pretty kind. Either that or most of the residents are too old to be into that kind of thing anymore ;-).

On another note, it has been suggested that I may be just a little bit obsessive when it comes to certain things. When I decide to do something I have to find out everything that I can in order to make an informed decision before proceeding. So when the RO and I decided that we were going to start trying to get pregnant, I did what I always do, I Googled. Thanks to the joys of t'internet I therefore knew that last night was the most likely time that I would be ovulating so the last 5 days have been a frenzy of 'trying'. Naturally the RO isn't complaining :-) although I think he'd probably have preferred it if I wasn't discussing the nature of mucus and the like.

What can I say, I'm adamant that all things should be considered equally in order to try and get the most desirable (if you'll excuse the pun) outcome.

All that remains is for us to wait the designated amount of time before doing that test - maybe we will be lucky and see the 2 lines but if not at least we're perfectly versed in the art of trying.

I'll keep you posted :-)

VP

3 Comments:

Blogger Zinnia Cyclamen said...

The old saying 'if at first you don't succeed, try, try, try again' will never sound quite the same to me now! Fingers crossed (and v glad to hear about the metawossname pukebusting drug).

12:10 pm  
Blogger Just Me said...

I must admit, I never did much about getting pregnant apart from the trying. There wasn't a search engine like google around then (I'm verging on being prehistoric these days) However, it didn't take long to discover that I'm super fertile and my bloke only had to remove his trousers for me to get pregnant. So I spent a long time trying to find info on How Not To Get Pregnant. It's a good job I like kids eh?

4:07 pm  
Blogger Villagepig said...

hehehehe you guys kill me :-)

Fortunately I LOVE kids AND I love technology and modern day miracle OTC medication too so it's a match made in heaven (or the equivalent non denominational place of yumminess after death).

VP

8:19 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

«#Blogging Brits?»