Monday, November 07, 2005

Isle of Man

I had a really early start this morning as I had to fly over to the Isle of Man* to do some work related stuff.

Having never been there I was quite excited (as I always am when it's somewhere I have never been). All I can say is that they are by far the friendliest people I have ever encountered. I never saw one grumpy face the whole day and everyone went out of their way to be helpful.

And if I think that the people are great, the scenery is truly breathtaking. I think that every single house has a gorgeous view from at least 1 window so it's no wonder they're all so bloody cheerful :-)

The word from the locals is that those planning on visiting their fair Isle should not bother with the ferry. It takes really long and the sea is almost always choppy so you're destined to have an unpleasant journey. Flying was really quick and easy, and if you fly from Liverpool airport, Euro Manx is quite cheap as well.

Apparently the accommodation is well priced and a big plus is that they have no licensing laws there so the bars and clubs are open (in Douglas) 24 hours over the week-end.

If that's not worth a week-end away, I have no idea what is.

VP

* not to be confused with the Isle of White which is on the other side of the UK!

2 Comments:

Blogger Zinnia Cyclamen said...

One of my best mates is from the Isle of Man and she's lovely. I've never been, but I'd like to go. And one day I will!

3:23 pm  
Blogger Villagepig said...

I'm starting to feel like the PR & Marketing firm for them, but you really should!

I'm not sure exactly where you're situated but flights leave from Gatwick, London City, Manchester and Liverpool so you should be able to get there pretty easily.

Tell that lovely man to take you for a romantic week-end ;-)

A

7:53 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

«#Blogging Brits?»