Friday, November 11, 2005

Seriously though is that really necessary???

Yeah ok, I'll admit it, I am a true South African when it comes to driving (sorry about the generalisation fellow SAFA's) but damn some of these UK drivers are crazy!

It amazes me that in a country where the traffic laws are really strict and enforced readily, there are still people who take seriously stupid chances on the road.

There have been 2 occasions this week where, had I been quick enough, I'd have taken down their registration numbers and sent them to the police.

The first occurrence was earlier this week. The RO was bunking off work with a bad back so I went home over lunch to take him something to eat. On the way back to work a guy in a Porsche came flying past me, then proceeded to weave his way through the traffic even overtaking on the inside lane (a cardinal sin in the UK - in South Africa, not so much). As we approached the offramp the Porsche dropped back behind 2 of the cars he had just overtaken. These same 2 cars took the offramp (a double lane) one in the left lane and one in the right. The porsche driver accelerated weaving between these 2 cars and finally slammed on breaks as the traffic lights changed.

As I pulled up to the traffic light I found myself behind him and he was looking in his rear view mirror. So I gestured to him (in a kind of shoulder shrugging palms facing up kind of way) to which he replied with a mocking yawn. So a clapped and he threw me the finger. The traffic lights then changed and he pulled off in a frenzy again! Asshole Porsche driver indeed - probably has a small..... erm sorry kids :-)

The second occasion was this evening on the way home. We were stopped at a round-a-bout waiting for a car to come around and this wanker behind me got impatient and decided to flash his lights at me. Unfortunately it was already dark so his normal lights were already on, this meant that the only way to flash at me was to use his brights. Even more unfortunate was the fact that the bright light reflected in both my side mirror and rear view mirror rendering me completely blind for several seconds. He did this twice before I was able to block the light and eventually pull off. He then proceeded to follow right on my tail for most of the remaining journey home. Lucky for him, he drove on when I pulled into our drive.

It just completely freaks me out! Where are the traffic cops when we need them?

VP

4 Comments:

Blogger Just Me said...

And this is why I do not drive. It's just too scarey out there!

11:58 pm  
Blogger Villagepig said...

hehehehe, ALL stalkers are welcome here :-)

Besides, any friend of Tertia's....

Thank-you for stopping by, I hope you come back soon, bring your friends and your family, hell even rent-a-crowd would be fun ;-)

Alley

3:56 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've driven with you babe.. you DO drive like a granny sometimes!!

7:44 pm  
Blogger Villagepig said...

Hey!! who's this cheeky bugger? :-)

Actually, I can guess!

7:48 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

«#Blogging Brits?»