Saturday, January 07, 2006

I bet that you thought that I'd forgotten you...

But you'd be wrong, I haven't forgotten I have just been completely overwhelmed by the New Year.

Plenty of news to share so I'd best get to it :-)

The wedding was beautiful. Somehow, despite being thousands of miles away my mom managed to accomplish everything that we asked of her. It was a fairly casual affair, the weather was warm but not hot and everyone seemed to have a lovely time. There was lots of laughter and a few tears so the perfect combination really. Pictures will follow as soon as I figure out where the CD has disappeared to.

Christmas was lovely too, despite it being slightly less of an occasion given all the other things that were going on. I got to introduce the RO and his Best Man to a typical Southern Hemisphere Christmas, sitting in the swimming pool with a cold beer in hand. I think that they found it quite strange :-)

The flight back from SA went fairly smoothly, I managed to sleep a fair amount as this is the only real solution that I have found to my 'all day' morning sickness. Unfortunately though, the RO and I both caught a cold somewhere along the line. Take a queasy stomach, add a blocked nose, a post nasal drip and temperature and you get one very miserable Villagepig.

The fact that the builders still haven't finished didn't help either but fortunately all of the big jobs have been completed, it's just the finishing touches that they're still busy with (although this stage seems to be taking the longest). It does mean that we no longer have any excuses for not unpacking boxes. If we thought that our lives were disrupted before we were sadly mistaken, now there is ALWAYS something that needs to be done - which means that everything else has taken a back seat.

Hopefully we'll get on top of it soon, but in the meantime I'll pop back as often as I can and I'll bring some of those pictures along to.

Bye for now darlings!

VP

2 Comments:

Blogger Zinnia Cyclamen said...

So glad it went well - but sorry about the all-day morning sickness, that must be vile. Wasn't there a drug of some kind you were planning to use? Looking forward to the pics!

4:56 pm  
Blogger LisaPal said...

Looking foreward to the pictures!

9:58 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

«#Blogging Brits?»