Saturday, September 10, 2005

These are a few of my favourite things..

Its been a good day all round, lots of pleasant things (and only a few mildly unpleasant ones). None of them amount to one good post so I'll build one from the little bits and pieces:
  • 8:30am - The electricians kept to their word and arrived early to continue with the first fix. Despite having to get up early to let them into the house, this was a good start to the day.
  • 10:00am - Watched the first of the new series of Dick and Dom in the Bungalow. Call me strange but I find it very entertaining!
  • 1:00pm - Horse riding lessons. This is one of my favourite times of the week, an hour and a half of riding no matter what the weather brings.
  • 4:00pm - My first viewing of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang - which is just lovely and I'm really glad that the RO finally convinced me to watch it.

The not so pleasant things which didn't really have much impact:

  • Having to stick my hand down the outside drain to pull out all the building material that had blocked it up.
  • Chasing the little rats around the neighbours yard, trying to get them to come home. Its a bit like herding cats and something I usually get very irritated about but they seemed to get the message fairly quickly.

Its normal days like this that remind me of how lucky I am. The big moments are always welcome but they shouldn't be expected and the same applies to the days when nothing seems to go right. These extremities don't make up the bulk of life so when I find that the day has passed and although tired at the end of it, I'm still perfectly content, then I know that all is well.

VP

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

«#Blogging Brits?»