Monday, September 05, 2005

Blogging moms

I made another delightful find today thanks to Zoe. One of the links from her blog is the lovely Mindy who has a delightful (and sometimes sad) blog almost entirely dedicated to her 3 delightful children.

The dedication that moms like Mindy, Zoe and Dooce show to their blogs is truly amazing given the amount of time that it takes to update regularly, let alone when you have some small people in tow. Dooce's monthly letter to her daughter is both delightful and poignant and often leaves me with a lump in my throat.

My mom and I have had a difficult past and although things have improved vastly as I've grown up and she has mellowed, I can't help wishing that there was some written representation of the joys and difficulties that being a parent brings. Perhaps this new type of visible journal will provide insight into the relationships that parents have with there children that can be read (with some embarrassment) and appreciated in later years.

I love reading about the everyday trials and tribulations that all of these remarkable moms (and dads) deal with and they are the blogs that I return to time and time again. Even though I have never met any of these people, I do find myself experiencing a whole range of emotions as I watch their lives develop and blossom.

When the RO and I start our family in the near future, I hope that we too will be able to put our experiences into words that our children will one day look back at - if only to provide a window into the minds of their parents as 'real people'.

VP

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

«#Blogging Brits?»