Saturday, September 03, 2005

Body Maintenance...

**System Notice**
Plumbing will be unavailable for the next 3-4 days due to monthly maintenance. Management will take no responsibility for the actions of other body parts during this time.

Sometimes you just have to love the whole PMS thing. As I'm a pretty optimistic kind of girl most of the month, I really struggle with the whole emotional, unstable thing that comes with still having functioning plumbing. Occasional though it works in my favour and today was a perfect example of it.

Those of you in the UK will know who I'm referring to when I talk about a 'large computer store chain' but for those of you who don't know, suffice to say that they're are an extremely overpriced consumer nightmare especially as they claim to be computer experts. Unfortunately there are times when the RO and I have to bite the bullet and patronise their service as we're the impatient type and when we need a cable, we need it now.

So this morning I forced myself to cross the threshold into PC hell and rather than wandering the isles aimlessly, headed straight for the 3 'assistants' who were propping up the counter in a very unproductive manner. All I asked was for someone to show me the isles where they housed the firewires, the rest of the conversation went something like this:

Salesperson 1: "Erm ok I'll take you."
Salesperson 2: "Nah, I'll take you."
Salesperson 2 (to Salesperson 3): "Maybe you should take her, it'll give you something to do."
Me (in full PMS mode): "I don't care which one of you do it, just decide and do it!"
Salesperson 3 (to salesperson's 1 & 2): "Erm, what's a firewire?"
Me (now suitably annoyed): " Just show me where the cables are kept, I know what I'm looking for."
Salesperson 3: "Oh, I was just kidding."
Me: "that's the problem with this place, I wouldn't be able to tell as you never know what you're talking about."

Thank-you PMS for finally giving me the perfect opportunity to say what has to be said, without months of guilt!!

So those of you suffering now, rest assured that there really is a silver lining!

VP

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

«#Blogging Brits?»