Tuesday, September 06, 2005

The Queen of Unreasonable..

So its been a difficult day (surprise surprise), fraught with highly charged emotion and some hysterics. Its weird that using this blog to reflect on my days means that I am forced to acknowledge that I can be quite a difficult person. Oh well, such is the path that I have chosen *grin*.

The electricians are still MIA and I'm not to sure what to do about it. There are only so many messages that can be left on various answering machines before it all becomes a bit ridiculous. So now we have to decide, do we bite the bullet and assume that they will not be back (and we'll either have to write off the £800 they've already taken or try and get it back through some other means) or do we hire a couple of heavies to convince them that this job is important to them? hmmm tough choice, it'll have to be the heavies!

In addition to this, my attempt to buy a new laptop from Dell is proving to be very taxing. They seem to have a black hole around the point that their fax machine spouts out its offerings. Either that or they have decided that I am the lucky customer who will have to fax all the documentation through for a 4th time! Its my own fault I guess, Dell has a reputation for being pretty crap in everything other than the actual technology. They do however offer great finance options and the laptop is really cool!

I do find myself wondering whether I'm playing a lead role is some weird reality show at the moment, one where the directors decide to throw as many trying scenarios my way as they possibly can and I try mydamnedestt not to completely fall to pieces! Things will improve I'm sure and this will all form part of the 'remember when' memories that we will lovingly re-hash at every dinner party that we hold in our new home.

VP

1 Comments:

Blogger Zinnia Cyclamen said...

Hi Alley, I'm gobsmacked that you read my whole archive, so I just read yours, but I bet it didn't take nearly as long! I feel for you, we had a large renovation done in our home last year, not as big a job as yours but otherwise with a lot of similarities (the dust, the dust!). And our electricians messed us around too. So I'd say the heavies are definitely called for!

1:11 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

«#Blogging Brits?»