Wednesday, September 07, 2005

My very own heavy

Yip, that's me. (I'm thinking of hiring myself out so if you have hassles with builders, let me know).

The electricians finally decided to grace me with a phone call today, two and a half weeks later. They agreed to meet the RO and I at the house this evening to explain where they'd been and why they hadn't finished the first fix as promised 3 week-ends ago.

My intention was to do the whole shout and scream thing in the hope that it would have some impact but when both of them appeared looking very sheepish, I changed tact. Instead, I spoke calmly and firmly and explained my disappointment. I pointed out that the impression that they had left was that they had taken our money and done a runner and this was compounded by their inability to return any of the many messages that I had left.

I think it may have been the threat to report them to the NICEIC (the electricians equivalent of CORGI) that finally prompted them to get in touch and we have a result! They have made a commitment to have the first fix finished by Sunday (they will have to work through the week-end to achieve this), they will have the second fix finished by the end of next week AND they will reimburse us for all of the costs that we have incurred as a result of the delay. The total amount that we will deduct from their final fee amounts to around £500 and I hope that this will have an impact where words don't.

In more good news, the bathroom has been finished beautifully by Dolphin and is one project that we no longer have to worry about (its also one less workman to have on the property).

New rule though - no builders will be allowed to use the new bathroom, they will instead be relegated to the downstairs toilet which is starting to resemble a public urinal, both in looks and odours *yuck*! The RO and I on the other hand will languish in the luxury of a professionally installed bathroom and we will do so in style!!

YAY for good news I say :-)

VP

p.s. a big thank-you to Zinnia for being the first person to leave me a real live comment, you're the first and you're a star!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

«#Blogging Brits?»