Friday, September 16, 2005

Green wonder


Green wonder
Originally uploaded by Sid and the pig.

Last year the RO and I decided to invest in a good digital camera. Despite having taken hundreds of pictures, its clear that I still need some practice....

I'm hoping to take some pictures similar to this one that I will frame and use in some of the rooms to set the tone for the colours. I love green and I think that I may make it the accent colour in the guest bedroom.

This was one of the first pictures that took with the additional lense that we bought when we were in New York. Its incredible at picking up even the most minute detail...

On another note, my new laptop finally arrived today (hence the sudden flurry of uploading pictures etc) and it is gorgeous!!

I bought the Dell XPS which is essentially a gamers laptop so the graphics card and sound card are both awesome. Once the house is under some control, I will invest in a couple of games to keep me entertained whilst the RO plays on his xbox.

This week-end will be all about starting (and in one instance finishing) the decorating upstairs. We will be stripping wallpaper in both of the bedrooms and the landing upstairs. If we're lucky we may even get to do a single base coat of white paint on the walls.

I am hoping to finish the bathroom of this week-end as well although all that needs doing in there is a fresh coat of paint on the old walls and ceiling. At least that will be one room that is on its way to completion (it will still need lights, if the electricians ever decide to come back and finish second fix).

Hopefully the weather holds out so that we can give the dogs some quality play time in the garden ahead of their trip to the kennels.

Thats all for now, although I suspect playing on the lappie will prove irresistable meaning that I'll probably be back sooner rather than later :-)

VP

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

«#Blogging Brits?»