Friday, September 23, 2005

By jove I think she's got it..

Today was a really good day in work terms (and other terms to but I'll start with work). Oddly over the last decade I have somehow managed to avoid ever having to do a mail merge. There has always been someone that is better at it or who's job its been to mass mail on my behalf.

Today though, I had to bite the bullet and figure out exactly how to e-mail our entire client base with some critical information. As there was nobody around to advise me on the best course of action, I decided to go where no sane person has gone before, I referred to the Microsoft Help, and you know what?? It WORKED!! Not only that, it WORKED FIRST TIME!!

I'm so excited, well done MS, for once, you ROCK!!!

(Sorry about all the shouting and !!!'s but this cannot be helped :-)

In more fabulous news, the electrics will be finished this week-end and we have bought all our new lighting.

Rain aside, this has been a great start to the week-end.

As an aside, I hope that Hurricane Rita doesn't cause anyone too much trouble. I hope that everyone in its path stays safe and sound.

VP

2 Comments:

Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Here via Michele's.

I support people who use MS Office and I find it very interesting that it seems like half the time, the answers are right there. The other half you sit there and say "Where the f....?"

2:51 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi, I am here through Michele. What a relief that the help you looked for worked immediately! I also hope (not "lovely" like the old song) Rita doesn't cause damage... it's enough for the season and years to come. Have a nice sunday

2:51 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

«#Blogging Brits?»