Monday, September 19, 2005

It must be tiring...

to live with me sometimes. I like to rant you see, and I simple can't help it. I could blame my good old South African upbringing but that would be a terrible cop out and I'm not one for blaming the circumstances.

Take today for example, without letting too much work related stuff out (Dooce has taught us all to well) suffice to say that there is a history of apathy with one of my colleagues and today it came to a head during a discussion that I was having. Things got quite heated at one point, I can't help it, I have to get all my issues off my chest.

So that's where it started and the poor old RO got the full rendition as soon as he came out of his all important meeting. I moaned and complained for at least an hour and he was surely relieved when I eventually gave it a rest at around lunch time.

The day progressed without too many major rants until our drive home, when the RO in passing mentioned something about our proposed plans for the new building that we'll (hopefully) be moving too late next year. This spurned off a whole new rant along the lines of the general narrow minded approach that is being used.

I guess its just that I truly believe that when we graduate from our student years and enter the work place that we all have something constructive to contribute and it frustrates me when the lowly employees aren't given the opportunity to discuss/deliberate their opinions on changes that will affect their daily working lives!

Granted its early days yet and its possible that everyone will be given the chance to contribute but I like to discuss these things so that its clear to me what my opinion will be :-)

Pity the poor RO though as its not a very English trait and must be quite annoying at times.

**must work on curbing the rants occasionally**

VP

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

«#Blogging Brits?»