Thursday, September 29, 2005

blah blah blah (again)..

Same shit different day...

The electricians were here today but they haven't finished the electrics. In fact there are no noticeable changes between what they did today and what was done on Monday and Tuesday. As much as I desperately want to tell them to piss of and never return, it's now reached a point where its just not realistic because we would have to find someone else to come in an finish it off at a point where we are literally days (or day if you're to believe the wanker himself) away from completion. And so we persevere....

Perhaps the most frustrating part (for today anyway) is the fact that the kitchen has been installed and is all but finished, however we can't use any of the appliances because the sockets needed for the fridge, freezer, dishwasher and oven haven't been attached!!

So here we are, still sitting in a house with only a few working sockets and lights in the half of the house that need it least!

To top this all off, I am pre-menstrual (actually post menstrual but its all running into one) and feel like I'm coming down with something which is bound to be god-awful because there is nowhere to relax.

I think I may stay at home tomorrow so that I can oversee whatever it is that the electricians claim to do and find out for myself whether they're really doing what they claim to be doing.

A small upside is that all that most of the revolting pink render has now been removed (I know that this will warm Zinnia's heart) and has been replaced with some rather ominous looking dark brown substance. I'm hoping that this will eventually land up being a nice warm creamy colour as I'm not sure I'm up for living in a prison.

In an attempt to lighten the mood of this oh so pessimistic post, I'd really like to welcome a new commenter, she's funny, articulate and more importantly, she's a fellow Gautenger! For those of you unfamiliar with this term, it simply means that she comes from the same province in South Africa as I do and you can catch up with her at this spot. Hello Red, you're welcome anytime :-)

VP

2 Comments:

Blogger Zinnia Cyclamen said...

Oh yes indeed, my heart is simmering nicely!

6:09 pm  
Blogger Villagepig said...

bwhahahaha

I sincerely hope so!

VP

7:56 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

«#Blogging Brits?»