Thursday, October 06, 2005

Tradition speaks volumes

I received my first real request today, from a lovely lady named Pat, her comment can be found attached to yesterdays post. It seems Pat is the proud mum of some boys and so has asked for more info about my wedding dress.

Although I would love to relent and post all about it, I'm afraid tradition holds that the groom can't know anything about it and the RO reads my blog, so I'm a little restricted in that department.

I can, however tell you about my second choice, the dress that I very nearly chose - and would have loved had I not seen the other one at the last minute.

The dress was ivory white (just off white but not quite cream) and had a high waist and low scooped Victorian neckline. The dress itself was made out of heavy bridal satin with an overlay of antique lace. It sounds quite busy but it was actually quite understated and very 'Pride & Prejudice-ish', a style that I really love but haven't ever really been able to carry off. Weddings do give you a chance to be all girly though so it was a very difficult decision.

I think the only reason I didn't choose that particular design was because the one I did decide on makes my waist look about this > < big. No really! It's that clever!

I promise to post loads of pictures once the wedding has happened so that you can live vicariously through me Pat :-)

I will happily answer any other questions that you have about the wedding as the RO and I have been partners in all other decisions....

VP

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Alley. Those high waisted dresses are difficult for anyone to carry off and tend to make one look pregnant so they decided not to use them for the latest 'Pride and Prejudice'. I look forward to seeing the photographs and hope you enjoy every minute of this exciting time

11:13 pm  
Blogger Villagepig said...

Its true that those dresses aren't very flattering to the tummy (especially a round one like mine) but they are extremely good for big breasted woman (like me) but alas I have chosen another!

And Tersia, you are welcome ANY time :-)

I am truly honoured that anyone pops by but especially important types...

VP

6:30 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

«#Blogging Brits?»