Monday, October 03, 2005

It's supposed to be he who forgets but..

I did and now I feel terrible.

The RO and I have several anniversary's and I clean forgot that today is one of them!

Just over 2 years ago today, I started work at what I thought at the time to be a temporary data capturing job. It was intended as a chance for me to take a break from the long hours that I had been putting in for years in South Africa, but instead it became a life changing occurrence.

A few days into the job I was informed that I would be receiving training in the software package that the project centered around. I wasn't too perturbed as I had worked for a software development company prior to that and knew that I could grasp things pretty quickly if I put my mind to it.

On the morning that the training took place I arrived at work expecting a dull and unstimulating experience, instead I was to meet the person that I had been unknowingly been waiting for all my life.

The RO entered the office along with his skanky side kick (another story altogether), looking very suave in a trendy suit with neatly trimmed beard and close cropped hair. He was appealing to look at sure, but it was his conversation that made the first impression last. Admittedly I didn't feel the earth move or see fireworks, but I felt very comfortable around him and looked forward to speaking to him again.

2 years on and I couldn't be happier. All the things that I was sure that I didn't believe in or for that matter want, have happened. We're engaged, in love and (mostly) happily ensconced in our new home.... and about to embark on a whole new chapter in our lives together... watch this space for details on whether we've been successful!

VP

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

What do you mean "didn't feel the earth move". You were supposed to feel swept off your feet ;)

Guess I'll just have to try to do that every day for the rest of your life...

blech!

8:58 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

«#Blogging Brits?»