Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Another ticked item?

There was one part of my wedding attire that I hadn't found.

I am not a small petite person, nor am I especially lady like. Oh sure, I can dress up and play the part but in my heart of hearts I am a tom boy and I like it that way. So when it came to my choice of outfit for my wedding, my immediate reaction was to go against all tradition and choose something that reflected the me that I'm most comfortable with. Imagine my surprise when EVERYONE reeled at the idea of the bride wearing a tuxedo :-)

So after much thought and deliberation, I conceded that perhaps I should at least try and find something more feminine and perhaps more appropriate. And I'm very glad that I did. Thanks to the help of a good friend, I found something that I felt both comfortable and pretty in.

I did, however want to have something that reflected my personality more accurately, and so I reserved the right to choose any shoes that I wanted. I've been searching high and low and have even gone so far as to buy 2 pairs to choose from. So the decision now lies between wedges or knee high boots.. surely one of these will meet my requirements?

Or will they? I'm not sure..... perhaps I should keep looking just in case.....

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Would it be too hot in SA for boots? Wedges sound good. Can you tell us more about the dress.(I only have sons - no daughters!}

9:51 am  
Blogger Zinnia Cyclamen said...

Oh definitely keep looking - there's no such thing as too much shoe shopping OR too many shoes. (I came back with four pairs once, from a factory shop, total cost £57, and I proudly explained this to Top Bloke who looked loftily down at me and asked 'Have you counted your feet lately?'!!)

10:24 am  
Blogger The Writer said...

Underneath my wedding dress were some high-heeled sparkly silver shoes and hot pink toenails. The shoes cost about 10 dollars in New York. I'm a tomboy too, but these heels were so well made there was no falling over. Well, maybe a little bit....Definitely go for something funky!

7:51 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

«#Blogging Brits?»