Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Another thing to tick off the list...

The decision to have our wedding over in South Africa makes a lot of sense both financially and logically. The weather is a bit more predictable and the pound/rand exchange rate is definitely favourable.

Having said that, planning a wedding from thousands of miles away isn't very straight forward so I am very lucky to be blessed with an awesome mother who absolutely loves planning any kind of social get together.

My mom has been wonderful, we made the funds available and explained what we wanted and she has basically taken care of all the details. One of the things that she was taking care of was sending invitations out to all my friends and family in South Africa. When we went over to see them for her 50th birthday in July, I took the hand pressed paper (very eco paper at that) and envelopes and between us we decided on the bits and pieces that were to be added.

It only occurred to me this week that I was responsible for arranging the invitations for everyone on this side of the sea, and I hadn't done it yet! So last night and today was spent putting the invitations together and finding out addresses for everyone that we wanted to invite. Tomorrow, we will post them!

Now that this item can be ticked off the list, I'm ready to tackle all the other little details that we need to see too. I'm accumulating the flight details for everyone who is flying over to SA and trying to help arrange accommodation where necessary. It's kind of like I imagine arranging a school trip is, except without the help of parents and administrators. I can only hope that I don't get it all wrong and land up with half of the guests stranded in Africa without any idea of what it's like.

Wow, the time is really passing fast, soon we will be jetting off to sunny Johannesburg and when we return (to the middle of winter) we will be Mrs & Mr :-)

VP

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

That's Mr and Mrs Darling ;)

8:36 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

«#Blogging Brits?»